Nursery Admissions Information
Horsenden Primary School’s Nursery is open to children who will reach their fourth birthday on, or after, 1st September of the school year in which they will join the Nursery. Children enter the Nursery when there are vacancies but priority is given to families who may have a child with special needs or who have siblings in school. The school curriculum starts from the Nursery and is continued through the school.
Times and Sessions
- Our Nursery has 100 part time places: 50 morning and 50 afternoon.
- The morning session starts at 8.45 am and finishes at 11.45 pm.
- The afternoon session starts at 12.30 pm and finishes at 3.30pm
- Children are expected to attend every day and should be present for the full 3 hour session.
- As Horsenden is heavily oversubscribed, we recommend that you make alternative arrangements in case you are not able to secure a place.
- If you have children in other schools, please consider what arrangements you may need to make in order to get your children to school and our Nursery for a 8.45 am start. The same applies at the end of the day when collecting children at 3.30pm.
Waiting List - Update of Information
We offer places as they become available throughout the year, so it is essential that you keep us informed of changes to your address and telephone number so that we may contact you.
We aim to have a mix of children in the afternoon and morning groups and allocate places with this in mind. You may state a preference for morning or afternoon on your application form. However, we anticipate morning places will be very heavily over-subscribed and your chances of getting a Nursery place are greater if you opt for the afternoon place. We cannot guarantee you will get your preferred session. If the application deadline is missed you will be put on the waiting list. Places will be allocated strictly according to the criteria as they become available.
The admission criteria for the Nursery, is the same criteria for the Local Authority’s Community Primary Schools. Please click on the attachment below to view the Community Primary School Admissions Policy 2016/17.
The address at which you reside at the time of allocation will be used.
An offer of a place will be withdrawn if proof of existing address on the day of allocation cannot be verified or falls outside of the admission criteria. If you change address after registering your child for a place in the Nursery class, you should advise the school in writing, immediately.
A place at our Nursery DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACE IN RECEPTION. Application for admission into Reception must be made through the Local Authority who will allocate places.
If you would like to apply for a Nursery place, please complete the attached form below and return it to the school office.
The Local Authority is responsible for deciding and administering the In Year and Reception admissions policy for the school.
Please click on the hyperlink below for further information or telephone Ealing Admissions on 020 8825 5511 (open 9am - 12noon). To access Ealing Council’s Admissions page, please 'click' on the link below: