On Thursday 6th October, 30 pupils from Year 5 and Year 6 competed in Cross Country races at Berkeley Fields. The races were 1.5km long. Children ran against the same gender group from their own Year Group e.g. Year 5 boys ran against other Year 5 boys and Year 5 girls only ran against other Year 5 girls. This was different from previous years where Year 5 and 6 used to run against each other, only separated by gender. They had changed the races this year as entries have been growing and the organisers were expecting more entries this year!
The number of competitors in each race was as follows:
Year 5 girls - 138 runners
Year 5 boys - 101 runners
Year 6 girls - 157 runners
Year 6 boys - 142 runners
The children all did really well during the race, which is very challenging as children from across the borough and beyond come to compete in the race.
The event was run by Active Ealing with Willow Tree Sports Partnership and Perivale Park Athletics Club supporting them.
The full results from the four races are attached. The highlights are listed below:
Year 5 girls
There were 138 girls in the race. Our top three girls were:
1. Smaranda who was 26th and finished the race in 7 minutes 2 seconds.
2. Karin who was 49th and finished the race in 7 minutes 26 seconds.
3. Eve who was 77th and finished the race in 7 minutes 59 seconds.
Year 5 boys
There were 101 boys in the race. Our top three boys were:
1. Nathan who was 28th and finished the race in 6 minutes 26 seconds.
2. Thuisijanth who was 30th and finished the race in 6 minutes 27 seconds.
3. Dmitryk who was 41st and finished the race in 6 minutes 38 seconds.
Year 6 girls
There were 157 girls in the race. Our top three girls were:
1. Sara who was 54th and finished the race in 7 minutes 6 seconds.
2. Madiya who was 80th and finished the race in 7 minutes 29 seconds.
3. Victoria who was 85th and finished the race in 7 minutes 42 seconds.
Year 6 boys
There were 142 boys in the race. Our top three boys were:
1. Jamaul who was and finished the race in 5 minutes 51 seconds.
2. Mikhail who was 55th and finished the race in 6 minutes 38 seconds.
3. Kanihan who was 74th and finished the race in 6 minutes 51 seconds.
Overall, out of 33 schools, Horsenden were placed in 16th position. The boys were placed in 13th position and the girls were placed in 19th position.
Click on the links below to see the full results from the races and photographs of the team.